eCard Samples & Tips — Birthday eCards
Online birthday cards are a great way to show appreciation to employees, customers, colleagues and friends.
When sending a birthday greeting to a well-known client, customer or business colleague:
Personalize your message as much possible to let them know that your sentiments are sincere, and that they are not just another "email address on a list."
- Let them know you were thinking specifically about them on their special day.
- Don't get overly personal with people you don't know that well, like business prospects and networking contacts. It's better to be thoughtful and to the point then to be overly friendly if the acquaintance is new.
Guidelines for sending birthday eCards to employees:
- When sending employee birthday cards, it is considered the industry standard to offer recognition of their birthday, and thank them for their contribution to the company. Avoid adding any message that may be considered racy, controversial, sexist or discriminatory, even if you think it's just in good fun. And that includes making jokes about age!
General guidelines for all electronic birthday eCards:
- Always check your spelling and grammar.
- Send or schedule your card so it gets delivered the morning of their actual birthday.
If the birthday greeting is with someone you don't know well (or not at all) provide a reason for the communication on their birthday. Consider how you would feel if someone you didn't know sent you a happy birthday eCard because they saw your date of birth on an application you filled out. Always respect the rules of confidentiality, honesty and professionalism.