Address Book - Importing Contacts
Access your address book by clicking on the navigation for
My Account > Address Book at the top of any screen.
Click the 'Import Contacts' button and a pop-up window will appear in which
you can select the contact manager from which you want to import contacts.
You will then see specific instructions.
Not a member yet? Click on the program name to see sample instructions:
Once your contacts have been viewed by our system, you will see a preview of your contacts before finalizing the import into our system.
If your fields are not lining up properly or you receive an error message, view our list of the most common problems people have with the file.
If your contacts look correct, click the 'Add Contacts to Address Book.' When your contacts have been imported, you will see a report with details about:
- The total number of contacts processed
- The contacts added
- The contacts already in your address book
- The contacts skipped because you deselected the checkbox to import the contact
For long lists, click the blue number and you will see that section of the report. See a sample report
If your contacts did not import at all, your exported file may have errors in it. Re-check our list of most common problems.
MOST COMMON PROBLEMS with the Address Import Feature
- The file is not in the correct file format. The file was not saved as a "comma delimited" text file or an Excel .csv file. Open the file and re-save it in the proper format with the correct file extension (.csv or .txt) and then try re-importing the file.
- Column headings are missing or are incorrect. The first column of the file does not contain the column headings. Add the correct headings. They can be in any order but they must be the FIRST LINE of the file.
Example: First Name, Last Name, Email, Company, Category, Birthday, Anniversary
- Contact is missing information. Contacts that do not have a first or last name or a valid email address will not be imported. Change the information and try re-importing the file.
- Check for unusual characters in the file. Change the information and try re-importing the file.
- The first and last name are in the same field or column. You will need to separate this information into 2 fields. MS Excel enables you to easily do this by using the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard.' Change the information and try re-importing the file.
If you need additional help, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or complete our Priority Email Support Form.