Go to My Account > Address Book at the top of any screen.
Click the 'Import' tab and follow the onscreen instructions. Please read this full tutorial before you begin.
- You can have up to 2,500 contacts in your address book at a time.
- You can import the following fields.
* Field length will be truncated to this # of characters
Click here to download a sample .CSV file you can use as a template.
- First Name (50*) REQUIRED
- Last Name (50*) REQUIRED
- Email REQUIRED
- Company (150*)
- Category (50*)
- Start Date
- Contacts need to be imported as a .csv file. Select your contact manager format and follow the instructions for creating the .csv file.
- You will be able to review your contacts before finalizing the import.
- If your fields are not lining up properly or you receive an error message, view our list of the most common problems people have with the file they are uploading.
- If your contacts look correct, click the 'Add Contacts to Address Book' button.
When your contacts have been imported, you will see a report with:
- total number of contacts processed
- new contacts added
- existing contacts that were updated
If your contacts did not import at all, your exported file may have errors in it. Re-check our list of most common problems.
MOST COMMON IMPORT PROBLEMS
- The file is not in the correct file format. The file was not saved as a "comma delimited" text file or an Excel .csv file. Open the file and re-save it in the proper format with the correct file extension (.csv or .txt) and then try re-importing the file.
- Column headings are missing or are incorrect. The first column of the file does not contain the column headings. Add the correct headings. They can be in any order but they must be the FIRST LINE of the file.
Example: First Name, Last Name, Email, Company, Category, Birthday, Anniversary, Start Date
- Contact is missing information. Contacts that do not have a first or last name or a valid email address will not be imported. Change the information and try re-importing the file.
- Check for unusual characters in the file. Change the information and try re-importing the file.
- The first and last name are in the same field or column. You will need to separate this information into 2 fields. MS Excel enables you to easily do this by using the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard.' Change the information and try re-importing the file.
Rules for Importing Contacts
- The email address field is the 'unique identifier' for each contact. This is used to see if a contact already exists in your online address book.
- All uploaded contact data will replace what's already in your online address book for that contact.
- If an uploaded contact has an empty field, the corresponding online field will not be affected.
- If an uploaded contact has an identical first and last name as an existing online contact – but a different email address – you will be prompted to either 1.) over-write the old email address or 2.) keep both records.
- Your address book may not contain more than 2,500 contacts.
Next Tutorial > Edit Contact
If you need additional help, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or complete our Priority Email Support Form.
CorpNote - eCards, Online Invitations and Online Surveys for Business
P.O. Box 565 | Fountainville, PA 18923 | 609-406-1665 | Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm Eastern
©2004 - 2018 CorpNote.com