Tutorials - eCard/Invitation Options
Recurring eCards make it easy to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, send reminders and more! You must first create template eCards that you want to use in your recurring eCard series and the group of people that you want to send these eCards to. Once you have done this, go to eCards > Recurring Cards and click the "Create New" tab.
Creating a Recurring eCard Series
Step 1. Provide Basic Information for the Recurring eCard
- Description: Name your eCard series something you will easily remember and will help you when using the search feature. Only you will see this information.
- Type: Choose from birthday, anniversary, holiday or interval.
- If you select birthday, the birth date that you have designated in your address book will be the send date. (see example)
- If you select anniversary, you can choose to send the eCard every year on the contact's anniversary or start date that you have set in your address book. Start date is often used when sending employee recognition eCards, celebrating their yearly employment anniversary. (see example)
- If you select holiday, you can select from a list of major holidays and choose to send on the holiday date or any date up to 7 days before the holiday. (see example)
- If you select interval, you have two options. Enter a date for "campaign start date" or use the "contact's start date" that you have designated in your address book to be the send date for the first eCard in the series. (see example)
- Recipients: Choose the 'Group' of people that you have set up in your address book.
- Comments: Adding comments will help you when using the search feature. Only you will see this information.
If you are using a contact's birth date, anniversary date or start date and have included a contact in the group of recipients that does not have this information, you will see a warning. You can either continue and adjust this information later or cancel and change your address book before continuing.
Step 2. Choose the eCard Templates to Include in the Series
Select the eCard Template(s) for the recurring eCard series by checking the box under each thumbnail. To filter, you can show eCards only in specific "categories" you created when you set up your templates. Only when you are finished selecting all of your templates, click "continue".
Step 3. Select the Order For Sending the eCards
- By default, templates will be sent randomly to your eCard recipients. You can also choose to manually order the templates. (see example)
- A recipient will never receive the same eCard twice and when all templates have been sent to a recipient, the eCard series for that recipient will stop.
Tracking Recurring eCards
You can access recurring eCards that have been sent by going to eCards > Sent eCards. They will display intermixed with your sent eCards but you can use the "Search and Sort" feature to display only recurring eCards. They are easily identifiable by this icon (see example)
Managing Recurring eCards
To view, edit or delete a recurring eCard series, go to eCards > Recurring Cards. You can search and sort to find the recurring eCard series for which you have the following options: (see example)
- Edit: You can edit the description, the group of recipients and comments as well as add/remove templates from the series. To stop a recurring eCard series, make it "inactive."
- View: Enables you to see the schedule eCards in the next 30 days, any applicable warnings such as contacts without a birthday when it's needed to send the eCard, and the templates assigned to the series. (see example)
- You can only delete recurring eCards that have not been sent to any recipients. To stop a recurring eCard series, make it "inactive" rather than delete it.
Next Tutorial > Direct Link
If you need additional help, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or complete our Priority Email Support Form.
CorpNote - eCards, Online Invitations and Online Surveys for Business
P.O. Box 565 | Fountainville, PA 18923 | 609-406-1665 | Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm Eastern
©2004 - 2018 CorpNote.com