Tutorials - Survey Manager - Creating a Survey
You will need to create a survey before you can send an online survey eCard. This enables you to fully utilize all of our survey management features including keeping track of responses.
Create your survey in 3 easy steps!
Step 1. In the navigation, go to Surveys > Create a Survey.
Step 2. Provide your survey information.
- The Survey Name is the text that will be displayed on your eCard as a link to the response form.
- The 'Opening Text' is what appears at the top of your survey. You can use
this area for welcome and instruction information.
- Receive an Email Notice When Someone Responds.
The default is to not receive an email; but, you can select 'yes.' When someone responds, you will receive an email once per day not each time someone responds.
- Enable your survey responses to be anonymous or you can require people
to supply first name, last name, email and/or company.
Step 3. Create your Survey Questions and Confirmation Message.
- Select the number of questions you want your survey to contain. The appropriate
number of survey question fields will appear. You can modify your survey at any time to
add or remove questions.
- Enter your question text and choose the answer format such
as radio buttons (allow only one answer) and checkboxes (allow
multiple answers). If you want to have an open text response only, do not select anything under Answer Format and check the box that
says 'Use Comments
- Get more detailed information from your respondents by selecting radio buttons or checkboxes along with the 'Use Comments Box' to
set a combination of single or multiple choice with a text
- Add your survey confirmation message. This is what your respondents
will see after they have completed the survey. If there is a gift or other incentive for completing the survey, you can provide instructions or a link for further information.
- Click the 'Save New Survey' or 'Save Changes/Preview' button to continue.
Manager - Modify or Delete a Survey
In the navigation, go to Surveys > Manage Surveys. Click the appropriate button to the right of your
From this screen, you can also get the optional direct link information for your survey.
- If you modify a survey, respondents will see your changes immediately; but remember, once you have responses to a survey, you should only make minor text changes to your questions and responses. Changing the type of question or the intent of a question will not change the responses of people who have already taken the survey. You will receive a warning when you modify a survey question for which you already have responses.
- Warning: If you delete a survey,
the survey and all responses for that survey will be permanently deleted.
If you need additional help, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or complete our Priority Email Support Form.