Creating and Managing Surveys
Easily create and manage surveys that can be distribited via eCard your website, social media, blog or email program. The Survey Manager records responses and enables you to access detailed reports showing an individual or aggregate basis and in a variety of formats.
Create your survey in 3 easy steps!
- Step 1. In the navigation, go to Surveys > Create a Survey.
- Step 2. Choose for the survey to be anonymous or select what personal information is required to submit a survey response.
- Step 3. Create your questions.
- The survey name will be displayed at the top of the response form.
- The 'Opening Text' is what appears at the top of your survey. You can use
this area for welcome and instruction information.
- Receive an email notice when someone responds. You will receive an email once per day not each time someone responds.
- Captcha protection should be used if you are linking to an survey response form a website, social media or any other method that doesn't enable you to control who is taking the survey. Since CorpNote does not require that people sign up to use our site to respond to a survey, we provide this option to distinguish human from machine input (it's a way of thwarting spam and automated form input programs).
- Enable your survey responses to be anonymous or require people
to provide their first name, last name, email and/or company. (see example)
Creating Survey Questions
You can create up to 20 survey questions and they can be single, multi-select, a rating scale or an open text answer. You can also combine a single, multi-select or rating answer with an open text answer within the same question.
- Select the number of questions you want your survey to contain. The appropriate
number of survey question fields will appear. You can modify your survey at any time to
add or remove questions.
- Enter your question text and choose the answer format such
as radio buttons (allow only one answer), checkboxes (allow
multiple answers), a rating scale from 1 to 5 or an open text response.
- Get more detailed information from your respondents by selecting radio buttons, checkboxes or a rating scale along with checking the box to include a comments box below the question.
- Add your survey confirmation message. This is what your respondents
will see after they have completed the survey. If there is a gift or other incentive for completing the survey, you can provide instructions or a link for further information.
- Save and preview your survey before distributing it. You are able to edit your survey at any time but if you have responses, it could adversely affect the accuracy of your data.
- Change the question order at any time to ensure proper flow to your recipients.
In the navigation, go to Survey > Manage Surveys. Choose from any of the following in the "options" drop down menu: (see example)
- Edit Survey: Your changes will be seen immediately to any new respondants.
- View Responses: This option only appears if you have responses and will show you a list of all of the people that have responded. From this screen, you can also select to view/download aggregate and individual responses. (View the tutorial: Managing Survey Responses)
- Recipient List: Each time you send an eCard with a link to the survey response form, your recipients are automatically added to your recipient list.
If you wish to respond for someone on your list, we recommend that you do so from this screen by clicking the edit icon next to the person's name/email address. The recipient will be recorded as having received and responded to the invitation. This ensures the person is not included on future "follow up" eCards for people who did not respond. (View the tutorial: Managing Your Survey Recipient List)
- Add a Response: You can add a response for someone by completing the survey form for them. This is helpful if you need a consolidated list of responses gathered via phone or snail mail as well as online responses.
- Send Reminder: This option only appears if you have a recipient list. You will see who has not yet taken the survey and you can select who to send a reminder to. Refer to the "Recipient List" tutorial for more information.
- Delete Survey: If you delete a survey, the survey and all responses for that survey will be permanently deleted.
Direct Link" button if you want to link directly to the survey response form from your own email program, blog, website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.
Click the "
- If you modify a survey, respondents will see your changes immediately; but once you have responses to a survey, you should only make minor text changes to your questions. Changing the type of question or the intent of a question will not change the responses of people who have already taken the survey. You will receive a warning when you modify a survey question for which you already have responses.
Next Tutorial > Survey Distribution
If you need additional help, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or complete our Priority Email Support Form.
CorpNote - eCards, Online Invitations and Online Surveys for Business
P.O. Box 565 | Fountainville, PA 18923 | 609-406-1665 | Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm Eastern
©2004 - 2018 CorpNote.com