Holiday E-cards and Invitations that say more than Happy Holidays
By Sarah Miller
Holidays are a great way of keeping in touch but how can you do it differently than everyone else? Here's how to get noticed in the crowd.
- Nothing says thank you like a coupon or a freebie! You can also make them feel special by giving something you know they would like.
- Create an intriguing e-card that gets their attention. Show pictures of your staff and/or customers using your product or helping others or have a photo and recipe of a 'comfort food' holiday food or drink recipe.
- If you are daring enough to have a staff video on YouTube, you can link to it from your holiday e-card. I saw a holiday video that had cute puppies with reindeer antlers chasing each other around a Christmas tree. It definitely had the 'aaah' factor and the company sold pet accessories.
- If you're a non-profit organization, send an e-card that has video or a short story about what your organization achieved this year. This is a great way to thank volunteers and donors.
- Give a little of yourself. Everyone has at least 3 business tips or predictions they can share for the New Year.
- Build closer business relationships with end of year surveys. Offer an incentive and you will get a higher rate of response.
Be creative! After all, that's what the Internet is all about.