It's time to start planning Thanksgiving and Winter Holiday Cards
By Sarah Miller 10/25/17
Update 4/9/2020: CorpNote 3.0: more tools, more power, more possibilities...
It's been an unseasonably warm Fall in the Northeast of the United States but, as usual, I have holiday decorations and snowflakes on my mind. I can't think of a better way to get into the holiday spirit even though I still have tomatoes ripening in my garden - go figure!
I am already getting emails about winter holidays eCards and what people can do now to start preparing for the winter holiday season. Believe it or not, it's definitely not too early to start thinking about holiday eCards and holiday party invitations. In fact, it's just the right time.
We have lots of new eCard and invitation designs on the drawing board. Literally! So while we're finalizing our Thanksgiving, Season's Greetings and Happy New Year eCard designs, you should also be in the planning phase.
Here's a quick primer on what you can do now to start preparing for sending your holiday eCards this year.
- Create your Holiday eCards. Right now is the perfect time to create your eCards and send them to yourself to make sure you like how they look. You can then make them into "email templates" so you can easily use them during the holidays.
- Consider a Custom Holiday eCard. Be different! Upload your own photos and holiday imagery to make a unique eCard for your company. You can also link to your website, social media or YouTube videos to further engage your audience. Check out our tutorials for how to create and upload your own images. If you need help designing a custom holiday eCard, contact our art department at 609-406-1665. We love being creative!
- Schedule your holiday eCards. Schedule your eCards to be sent so you don't have to remember what date to send them. If you later find a different eCard design you like better or you want to change the text of the eCard, no problem! Just access the scheduled eCard and make your changes. It's that simple!
- Clean Your List of Contacts. Start gathering and refining your holiday eCard email list now rather than waiting to the last minute. You can easily import your email addresses into your CorpNote address book and then create "email lists" so you can quickly send holiday eCards to those groups of people. For example, you might create email lists for current clients, potential clients, vendors, colleagues etc. This enables you to send a different, targeted message and eCard design to each group of people.
- Update your Holiday Email Lists. At any time, up until the date your eCard is scheduled to be sent, you can add/remove people from your email lists.
- Display Your Holiday eCards on Your Website and in Social Media. You can include a link from your website to your holiday eCard by using our 'Direct Link' feature.
You can also share your eCards in social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and more.
Check out our tutorial for posting eCards in social media.
The above will get you started but I am sure you can think of lots of innovative ideas too!
Get the latest email marketing news delivered to your inbox: Subscribe to our email newsletter