Automated Email Campaigns You Can Do Today
By Sarah Miller 6/30/2020
Email automation can reduce tedious tasks and give you more time to build your business or connect with your employees.
Best of all - setting up automated email campaigns is easy and helps ensure you are delivering the right message at the right time.
The 4 Basic Types of Email Campaigns
Birthday Email Campaigns
Birthday eCards are a staple in many email marketing campaigns and employee recognition programs. Here are some birthday email campaign ideas to power up your game:
- For Customers: coupons and giveaways are always a great idea. But what if you don't sell a product or service or can't give a discount? Consider providing a link to a free guide, top 10 tip list, eBook, webinar or anything of value you can give to someone on their special day.
- For Employees: send an eCard with details on a special gift they are receiving or give them the day off for their birthday.
- For Volunteers and Donors: while acknowledging their special day, you can also thank them for their contribution and how it truly has made a difference to your organization.
Anniversary Email Campaigns
Anniversary eCards are another staple in email marketing campaigns and employee recognition programs.
Customer anniversaries can be celebrated on the first date they did business with you or your own business's anniversary. With CorpNote, your contact's anniversary date or start date can be the trigger to send the email.
- For Customers: coupons and freebies work great here too.
- For Employees on their employment anniversary: highlight an employee's accomplishments and send it to the employee or to your team. You can also include memorable photos to highlight the accomplishments.
- For Volunteers and Donors: you can use the anniversary of their donation or the first event they volunteered for and thank them for their efforts that made a difference. You could also include an overall summary of what your organization has accomplished in the past year as a result of volunteer and donor contributions. It may prompt them to volunteer or donate again.
Holiday Email Campaigns
Many companies and organizations send Season's Greetings and New Year's holiday eCards. You can also schedule other holiday email campaigns to send sales flyers, promotions, travel tips and more. Consider what you can provide as a coupon or give-away. The more touch points with your customers and employees the better!
- For Customers: sales flyers and coupons can provide an incentive to buy from you. If you don't sell a product or service, you can provide holiday shopping or travel tips, hot drink recipes or anything else that is a fun way to engage with your customers.
- For Employees: highlight your organizations accomplishments in the past year with the support of your employees and include engaging photos to highlight the accomplishments.
- For Volunteers and Donors: highlight your organizations accomplishments in the past year with the support of volunteer and donor contributions and your goals for the coming year.
Automated Email Using Interval Email Campaigns:
- New Email List Subscribers: send a welcome email and a series of emails that support your email campaign's goals. For example, your first email welcomes the subscriber to your email list and reminds them of what you will be sending and how often. The second email could be tips for using your product/service or anything of value you are providing to your subscribers. The third email could be a coupon or other promotion etc.
- Get Repeat Business: send periodic coupons to your customers to encourage repeat buying. You can set your interval campaign to as frequent as every 7 days and as long apart as once a year.
- Build Excitement for a Virtual Event: send an automated email series to people who register for your event. The first email can thank them for registering and provide more details about the event. A second email could include profiles of presenters. A third email could survey registrants to find out their questions they want you to cover. In general, create an email series that will not only prepare your guests for the event but help ensure they attend.
How to Prepare Your Email Campaign
Segment Your Email Lists:
For the best engagement with your contacts, you should segment your contacts into different email lists. This helps you provide highly personalized content for each person on your email list.
- Email List Subscribers: when people sign up, add them to this email list. If you have several different email lists they can sign up for, you can further segment your email list to give them the content they asked for. For example, some subscribers signed up for your email newsletter and other subscribers signed up to receive promotions and some subscribers signed up for both of these types of emails.
- Customers Email List: add all of your customers to one email list or further segment them into types of customers such as new customers, VIP clients, or by what product or service they purchased etc.
- Employees Email List: add all of your employees to one email list or further segment them by job type or location.
Create Your Email Templates:
Email automation can be used with eCards, email newsletters, coupons and email notices to fit a wide range of email campaign needs. Templates can be sent randomly or in a specific order and interval campaigns can be set to stop or to repeat when all templates have been received.
Set Up Your Email Campaign:
With CorpNote, you have lots of options for how you can set up your email campaigns and we've recently added some new capabilities.
Check out our new tutorials for how to set up Automated Email Campaigns
Explore what your competitors are doing with their email marketing campaigns and save your favorite emails from any other business to which you subscribe. What are they doing that you like and can apply to your own email marketing campaigns?
Get email marketing tips in your inbox – Sign up for our email newsletter