1. Name your campaign, choose a campaign type and select your recipients
Based on what automated campaign type you select, as you go through the setup process you will be presented with different options. (The full description of campaign types and how each works is detailed in the next section, Automation Campaign Types & Rules.)
- Description: Name your email campaign so that you will easily remember what you are using it for. Only you will see this information.
- Type: Choose from birthday, anniversary, holiday or interval:
Birthday - Sends annually on each contact's birth date. Birthday campaigns automatically repeat each year.
Anniversary - Select whether to use your contact's anniversary date or their start date. Anniversary campaigns automatically repeat each year.
Holiday - Select a holiday from the drop-down list. Then choose whether to send ON the holiday, or up to 7 days prior. Holiday campaigns repeat each year and adjust to annual holiday date changes.
Interval - Select an interval frequency – how many times a year you want the campaign to send. If you select "custom frequency then you can enter any number of days (7 - 999) to wait in between sends.
Select a date for the campaign to start sending by clicking either 'Set Start Date' and choosing any date in the future, or by selecting the option to Use Contact's Start Date".
Interval campaigns 'end' – i.e. stop sending – when each recipient in the campaign has received every design template assigned to the campaign. You have the option to override this and "Repeat when done". (This option is on the last page of the campaign setup process.)
- Email List: Choose the 'email list' of the address book recipients that will receive emails from this campaign.
- Comments: You can enter optional comments to help you search for this campaign in the future. Only you will see this information.
Click "Save / Next" when done.