Tutorials - eCard/Invitation Options
Direct Link to your eCard, Invitation or Survey
You can easily link to any eCard in your Sent eCards bin.
Most of our members send their eCards, invitations and surveys by using their address book or entering recipients email addresses when addressing an eCard. The advantage to these methods are you will see who picks up your eCards and how many times they are viewed. But, what if you want to send eCards, invitations or surveys by another method because your company has certain restrictions or you only know people through social media and don't have their email addresses?
Direct links to eCards, invitations and surveys
- Send an eCard to yourself. Make sure it looks the way you want it to.
- Go to eCards > Sent Cards at the top of any screen.
- Find the eCard you want to link to and click it's 'Copy Link' button.
- The link is now in your copy buffer and will say "Text copied to the clipboard".
Where to Use the Direct link
- If you are posting to Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+, paste the URL into your post or see our social media eCards tutorial for an easier alternative to the direct link feature.
- If you are sending an email using your own email client (eg. Outlook or Gmail), paste the direct link into an email of your own design.
- If you are sending a text, paste the direct link into your text messaging application.
- When you use the direct link feature, you do not have as much detail as to who is picking up your eCard. You will still see how many times it was viewed but each view will be marked as 'anonymous'. In your 'sent cards' bin, you can add comments to each eCard which will help you remember how you linked to an eCard.
- To link directly to an invitation or a survey response form from your own email program, website, blog, or social media, view the Invitation Manager or Survey Manager tutorials.
- If you are a Multi-User Plan administrator sharing an eCard that contains an invitation or survey, view this detailed tutorial.
Next Tutorial > Social Media eCards
If you need additional help, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or complete our Priority Email Support Form.