Quick Start: Create an Event and Send an Invitation
Create a New Event
1. Sign in to your CorpNote account and go to Events > Create Event
2. Enter your event information. The minimum information required is an event name, date and time.
thumb_upNote: As you enter your event information click 'Save and Preview' to ensure that your event appears as intended and that your changes are saved.
Set your event for a specific date and time and add an end time if desired. For events that span multiple days, include an end date.
Enter your location name and address. If you want to include directions, you can paste a web link to an online map or resource, or select "use Google Maps", which will auto-generate a link from the location address you entered above. Preview your map by clicking the 'Save and Preview' button and then clicking the 'View Map' link.
Under 'Response Information' you have options to allow people to register guests, include two inline survey questions, customize your RSVP confirmation and turn on email notifications.
The RSVP Requirements section lets you set cutoff dates and limit the number of attendees for your event.
3. Click Save Changes to preview/finalize your event.
Send an eCard or email newsletter invitation to your event
1. Create a new eCard or email newsletter, or choose 'Edit Message' from the drop down menu next to an email you've previously saved.
2. Click the 'Add Event RSVP Link' checkbox and select the name of your event from the drop-down list.
A button will automatically be inserted in the top of your email that says, "CLICK HERE TO RSVP". If you are sending an eCard then the RSVP button will appear below the top image.
3. Customize your RSVP Button – If you want to control where the button appears, or use an image or text as the RSVP button, click the 'Customize Button' link.
'Insert Button' – inserts the default RSVP button where you have the cursor placed in the email body.
'Copy Link' – lets you add an RSVP link to text or images via the text editor's Link tool. After clicking the 'Copy Link' button, highlight the text or image that you want to be clickable to the RSVP form and click the "Insert Hyperlink" tool. Paste (Ctrl+V) the copied text into the URL field in the pop-up window and click 'OK'.
4. Click 'Preview/Save' and then 'Address/Send' when you're ready to send your invitation.
5. Track & Manage Responses – Once you've sent your invitation, you can view and manage responses on the Events > Manage Events page. To manually add a response, select 'Add a Response' in the drop down list next to the event.
Other ways to link to your event invitation or RSVP form
Share the eCard or email invitation
To share an eCard invitation (or email newsletter that has a link to your event), the email must have been 'sent' and visible on your 'Sent Emails' screen (Email > Sent Emails). Click the "Copy Link" button. This will copy the URL of the online version of the email, which you can share via social media, sms text or a link on your website.
Share a link to the RSVP form
To share a link directly to the event RSVP form, go to your Events Overview page (Events > Manage Events). Click the "Direct Link" button next to the event. This will copy the URL for the RSVP form, which you can share via social media, sms text or a link on your website.