Quick Start: Create and Send an Email Notice or Newsletter
Select an Email Layout
1. Sign in to your CorpNote account and go to Email > New Email/Newsletter. Select the 'Layout Library' tab.
2. Browse pre-designed email layouts by using the search tools to filter by occasion, holiday and keyword.
If you have saved layouts they will appear on the "My Layouts" tab. If you are part of a Multi-user plan, you may have additional email layouts available from your administrator. Click on the "Administrator Layouts" tab to see them.
3. View an Email Layout by clicking the magnifying glass icon to preview an email layout full size.
4. Preview and select a version of the email layout to start editing.
The 'default styles' tab displays the email design's pre-set colors and fonts.
Click the 'current styles' tab to view the email design with your preset/preferred color and font choices.
Click the 'reverse styles' tab to view the email design with the reverse color scheme of your preset/preferred color choices.
When you have decided which email style to use, click 'INSERT' and start editing. (You can edit the styles further in the 'Compose' step below.)
5. Design your own email layout – If you prefer to build your email structure manually, the 'Layout Builder' tab lets you create 'layout blocks' that will contain your text and images.
Select a layout block style and you will be prompted to select images from your uploaded images or the CorpNote Image Library. To insert a placeholder image, click 'Skip'.
You can continue adding/stacking layout blocks as needed. You can also reorder or delete layout blocks before inserting them into your email. Click "Insert into email" when you're done.
Once you have selected one of the email layout options described above, you will see the 'Compose Email' screen. The 'Compose Email' screen lets you add a custom greeting and email signature. The Email Body text editor is where you'll personalize the contents your email message.
thumb_upNote: As you compose, click the 'PREVIEW/SAVE' button frequently to save your work and preview your composition.
6. Enter an optional salutation in the Greeting box. If you already have contacts in your CorpNote address book, then you can select the "autofill name" option to insert people's first names. (To enter/import contacts go to My Account > Address Book)
7. Customize your Master Styles – To change the colors or font styles of your email, make changes in the 'Master Styles' box and click "PREVIEW/SAVE" to view your changes. (Text can be further formatted in the Email Body text editor, below.)
8. Enter & edit the contents of your email newsletter using the tools in the 'Email Body' text editor. Click here for a list of what each tool does.
9. Add images by clicking one of the 'Insert Image' buttons, shown below.
When you find the image you want, click the checkmark to insert it into your email. The image will be
inserted where you have placed the cursor or it will replace an existing image if you have one selected.
The 'Image Library' lets you browse/select various imagery and stylized text. Use the search tools to narrow your selection by image type, size, theme, color or keyword.
The 'My Images' tab displays your uploaded images. (To upload images, go to My Account > My Images.)
10. Customize your closing and email signature – Add an optional closing, and select the email signature information you want to include. (To set up your signature go to My Account > Preferences)
11. Preview your email – Click the 'PREVIEW/SAVE' button to confirm your changes. From this preview screen you can return to editing or address your email for delivery. Click the 'Address/Send' button to send your email newsletter or schedule it.
12. Address your email – On the 'Send Email' screen enter a subject line and type or paste your email addresses (1 per line) into the Add Recipients text box. You can add up to 250 addresses on this page. Click 'Add Recipients to Address List'.
If you have set up your address book, you can click the 'Address Book' button to select your recipients.
If you have created an email list, then you can select to send the email to the entire list of contacts. With Email Lists you can send an email to 2,500 recipients. (To enter/import contacts go to My Account > Address Book. If you have address book contacts, click the Email Lists tab to create a an email list.)
13. Send your email – Click 'Send Email' to send your email immediately, or click 'Select Date' to schedule your email for delivery.